Jason Van't Slot
Jason was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis at the age of 8 months, his parents were told that he had a life expectancy of 10 years. However, 28 years later, Jason exceeds expectations as he pursues his passion for cycling. He has achieved remarkable milestones, including setting the world record for Eversting with Cystic Fibrosis, becoming the first cyclist with Cystic Fibrosis to complete the ABSA Cape Epic, and completing a sub-3 Cape Town Cycle Tour with Cystic Fibrosis.
Jason is a man of many talents. He can captivate a crowd with his public speaking skills, and if you're fortunate enough, he might even do so using one of his impressive accents. Jason proudly claims that he can hold a 45-minute conversation in a Russian accent. We assume this was useful when he once steered a Russian vessel towards Antarctica.
Jason enjoys nothing more than the spectacular moments that take his breath away. Riding represents for Jason a feeling of freedom, adventure and gratitude for what his body can achieve despite his circumstances. Through his extraordinary achievements, he inspires the world with what is possible living with a chronic illness.
- Cystic Fibrosis Everesting World Record holder, 2022
- 1st place Swartberg Grando 50km, 2022
- First Sub 3 Cape Town Cycle Tour for a rider with cystic fibrosis, 2020
- Words first cyclist with cystic fibrosis to complete the ABSA Cape Epic, 2015
- 4th place, 2nd U23 Amarider 50 miler, 2018
- 1st place Rooibos Triathlon relay team, 2018
- 2nd place 360ne 2 person relay team, 2016
- 3rd place 360ne 4 person relay team, 2015