About The Ciovita Cycle Club
- The Ciovita Cycle Club will henceforth be referred to as the ‘CCC’.
- The CCC is an exclusive club of like-minded individuals who love the sport of cycling.
- Events will be held throughout the year, which will be open to CCC members, and all members are encouraged to get to know each other on and off the bike.
- The CCC is owned by Ciovita and membership is entirely at the discretion of Ciovita Cycling.
- Membership is free and no membership fees will be charged by Ciovita.
- As members of the greater cycling community Ciovita expects all members to respect one another.
- Membership to the CCC comes with a range of benefits including an exclusive members-only discount that can be used at any time by members.
- Membership is for life, however Ciovita reserves the right to cancel membership at any time should the actions of a member go against the Ciovita values of fairness and good sportsmanship.
- Individuals who are seeking to become members can apply through the channels provided. Furthermore, existing members are able to nominate one cyclist per year for membership consideration.
- The Ciovita Concept Store in Woodstock, Cape Town serves as the initial clubhouse for the CCC. All members can pop in during opening times for a free coffee.
- Events will be held at the clubhouse and at other venues around the world. CCC members get first priority if they wish to attend these events.
- Occasionally, special members only kit will be produced for CCC members, this kit is attended for members only and should not be resold or exchanged.
- CCC Membership benefits are for members only, and are not to be used by third parties. Abuse of these benefits will result in immediate termination of membership.
- Complimentary coffee for CCC members is limited to 2 hot drinks per member per day. The member must be present, and must show membership card.
- All events and rides should subscribe to the spirit of good sportsmanship
- CCC members should never ride more than two abreast when riding in a group.
- CCC riders are encouraged to race and enter other competitive cycling events.
- The wearing of helmets is mandatory on all CCC rides.
Acceptance of membership indicates that riders understand the risks of cycling and do not hold Ciovita responsible for any loss, damage or injury sustained through participation in Ciovita Events. All riders:
- ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of these Activities and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activity. I further acknowledge that many outdoor Ciovita Cycle Club events will be conducted over public roads and facilities open to the public and upon which the hazards of traveling are to be expected. I further agree and warrant that if, at any time, I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation.
- FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) BICYCLING INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS AND DEATH (“RISKS”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the activity, the condition in which the activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation with outdoor Ciovita Cycle Club.
- HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE outdoor Ciovita Cycle Club, their administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the activity takes place, (each considered one of the “RELEASEES” herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS; AND I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releases, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.
- I agree to wear an ANSI or SNELL approved helmet when cycling and to ride in accordance with all applicable laws.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY ACCEPTING IT, AND HAVE ACCEPTED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.